Firstly, we hope you and your loved ones have been keeping safe and well.
we are delighted to announce that guidance has changed and we are able to reopen on Monday 8th June.
Your safety and confidence are paramount, so we have been working tirelessly during lockdown to keep up to date with all the guidance and measures relating to COVID-19. We have put a number of extensive safety measures in place, to ensure an even safer environment for our patients, our staff and the wider community.
- Screening prior to appointments –
- All appointments will be booked over the telephone and will involve a screening questionnaire for COVID-19. Your temperature will be checked at reception, before you enter the surgery. If it exceeds 37.8°C, we would be unable to admit you and would advise self-isolation in keeping with government guidance.
- Single patient screening – In order to maintain social distancing, we aim to control the number of patients entering the practice. Please remain in your car or wait outside until the time of your appointment.
- Additional hands-free sanitisers – Upon entry, we request all patients to use hand sanitiser.
- Pre-treatment anti-viral mouthwash – Once in surgery, your clinician will ask you to use a mouthwash that has scientifically shown to be effective in reducing viral load and offering an added layer of protection.
- Safety upgrades – You will notice an increased level of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in the surgeries and a protective perspex screen at reception. Please be assured, it is the same friendly faces behind them.
- Remote booking & payment system – We will be in touch to rebook previously postponed appointments for those that have had concerns during lockdown. We ask that all payments are made via debit or credit cards where probably.
- Additional measures – Whilst we pride ourselves on the level of our infection control, we will be going even further with regular cleansing with anti-viral surface wipes around the practice, additional disinfection measures in surgeries. And soon to be installed medical grade air purifier and filtration systems. The amount of seating in the waiting room has been reduced to encourage social distancing and have easy clean surfaces.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this difficult time.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Kevin, Laura & the team at Theale Dental Surgery.